Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
You can count on us to handle your car accident lawsuit or injury claim
Dallas car accident attorneys know how complicated crashes caused by another driver can be for injury victims. Whether you're dealing with a whiplash injury claim due to a rear-end accident on Commerce Street, a concussion caused by a speeding accident on I-30 or a car accident lawsuit involving a distracted driving collision on I-45, it's critical that you fully understand the legal options available to you. That's why it's important that you talk to an experienced Dallas car accident attorney right away.
When you're involved in a car accident, even if it was no fault of your own, it can mean pain and suffering related to your injuries, time off work, and the subsequent income loss and emotional consequences long afterward. If you've been involved in a Dallas car wreck, a lawyer can help you better understand if you might be entitled to financial compensation and how to start the filing process in the Texas courts.
The legal team at The Marye Law Firm can be there for you every step of the way. We understand how the legal system works in Dallas and throughout Texas. We know what to do and can hit the ground running. That's why we have such a strong track record of success. Whether you're dealing with an injury claim or you decide to file a car accident lawsuit, you can count on us to demand the money you deserve. In case after case, we consistently obtain sizable settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families. Case results truly matter here.$400,000 car accident settlement
Click here to download a printable PDF of this infographic.
Why should I hire The Marye Law Firm?
When you're choosing a Dallas car accident lawyer, you want the right attorney for your case. We believe The Marye Law Firm is the right choice for you for several reasons.
- Experience – Your Dallas car accident lawyer should have extensive experience dealing with car wreck cases in the area. Our legal team understands how the legal system works when it comes to such cases. We're familiar with the local courts, including other attorneys, magistrates and judges in Dallas County and other surrounding jurisdictions.
- Availability – Some attorneys may not have the time to handle your case and give it the attention it deserves. Our law firm will personally handle your case. And if you ever have a question or want an update, you can contact us anytime. We will be actively involved in your case every step of the way.
- Compatibility – It's important that you feel comfortable with your car accident lawyer and that you can establish a good rapport. We believe we will be the right fit for you. That's because we treat every case like it's our own.
Still wondering why you should choose us? Or perhaps you're simply wondering why you should hire a car accident lawyer? Learn more. Talk to an attorney at our law firm. We're here to help you get your life back on track.
Common causes of collisions
Car accidents caused by other drivers in Dallas happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Speeding – Drivers who go too fast on the road often cause serious collisions. Nearly four people die every day in speeding-related car accidents in Texas. That's because speeding drivers don't have enough time or space to slow down and avoid a collision.
- Distracted Driving – Whether it's looking up directions, adjusting the radio or some other distracting behavior, all it takes is a split second to cause a distracting driving accident. That's why drivers need to keep their eyes on the road at all times.
- Texting While Driving – Texting while driving is against the law in Texas. But that doesn't stop many drivers from reading, writing or sending a text while driving. When they do, they're not focused on other drivers and often cause serious collisions.
- Hit By A Drunk Driver – More drunk driving fatalities happen in Texas than in any other state. Every day, more than four people are killed in crashes caused by drunk drivers in Texas. Talk to a lawyer right away if you've been injured in a drunk driving accident.
- Asleep At the Wheel Driver – Tired drivers have a choice. They can choose to take a break if they think they might fall asleep at the wheel. When tired drivers cause a collision, they should be held accountable for their actions.
Is this how your accident happened? Or are you dealing with a car crash that happened some other way? Whatever the circumstances, our law firm can investigate your crash and find the evidence you need to hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions.
“The Marye Law Firm has represented me in two different auto accidents. Both times they were professional, courteous timely and on top of that they treated me like family. In my second accident the insurance company of the other driver was not wanting to accept full liability. When something like this happens, you want the Attorney representing you to make sure you are taken care of. That is what happened with the Attorney at this firm and I was more than pleased with the outcome. Thank you Marye Law Firm!” – Lexie
Types of car accidents
There are many different types of motor vehicle accidents. Most involve negligence or mistakes made by other drivers. When this happens, it's important for injury victims to take legal action right away against the at-fault driver or responsible party.
Some of the most common car crashes caused by another driver include:
- Rear-End Accident – Drivers who follow too close – especially distracted drivers or speeding drivers – often cause rear-end accidents. Such collisions might seem minor to some people – until they're involved themselves.
- Head-On Collision – Reckless drivers, speeding drivers, drunk drivers and other motorists who drive dangerously often cause head-on crashes, especially at night on busy city streets or rural roads.
- Intersection Accident – Left-turn accidents and other types of collisions often occur at busy intersections. This is why drivers need to stop at an intersection or be careful when driving through one.
- Highway Accident – High-speed accidents often occur on highways, especially busy ones in Dallas like I-30 or I-45. When that happens, serious injuries often occur due to the high speeds drivers often travel on highways.
- Lyft and Uber Accident – Rideshare accidents involving an Uber or Lyft driver can be complicated claims. Even knowing who's responsible for compensating you for your injury expenses might not be clear. That's why you need an experienced lawyer.
- Uninsured Driver Accident – All Texas drivers are supposed to have some form of car insurance. Unfortunately, uninsured or underinsured drivers often cause collisions. That's why injury victims should talk to an attorney to learn more about their legal options.
- Hit and Run Accident – Drivers sometimes flee the scene of a car accident. Knowing what to do afterward can be confusing. Fortunately, victims of hit-and-run accidents can pursue financial compensation in several different ways. We can help.
- Fatal Car Accident – The worst outcome possible for a car wreck is a fatality. When someone dies in a car accident through no fault of their own, it may be grounds for the family to seek compensation as part of a wrongful death suit.
Whatever type of car accident you're dealing with in Dallas, don't simply assume you will be fairly compensated or that you don't have any options available to you. Talk to a lawyer at our Dallas law firm to better understand what you should do to demand the money you deserve.
Common car accident injuries
Many Dallas car accidents result in serious injuries. When this happens, it's critical that injury victims receive immediate medical care at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas Emergency Room or another medical facility. Common serious injuries include:
- Concussions and Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) – Traumatic brain injuries can include those that breach the skull, such as penetration by a foreign object, and those that don't, such as concussions, brain bruising and swelling. Traumatic brain injuries can be very serious, with long-lasting or sometimes permanent effects.
- Whiplash and Neck Injury – Whiplash might seem like a minor injury to some people. But neck strain injuries and other car accident-related neck injuries can be very painful or even life-threatening in certain circumstances. This is why it's important for neck injury victims to seek immediate medical treatment and have a doctor examine them right away.
- Back Pain Injury – Chronic back pain caused by a car accident can be debilitating. Depending on the severity and location of your back pain, you might have a hard time doing many of the things you may take for granted – whether it's walking or running, even sitting or standing. Back pain can also be a warning sign of a more serious injury. That's why it's critical that injury victims receive medical care right away.
- Spinal Cord Injuries – Injuries to the spine can have profound effects on the injured person’s quality of life. Spinal cord injuries can require ongoing surgeries, as well as physical and occupational therapy, and can be extremely expensive to treat. In severe cases, they can result in permanent paralysis.
- Pain After Car Accident –
- Chronic pain may be one of the most common long-term conditions that car accident victims have to deal with. Chronic pain is pain that continues after the injury itself, such as a broken bone, has healed. Some injuries result in ongoing tenderness and pain because of their nature, but chronic pain can also be a symptom of conditions such as fibromyalgia.
- Bone Fractures – While today's vehicles are getting safer and safer with advancements in technology, it's still possible to break or fracture a bone in even a moderate-impact car accident. Broken bones can require surgery and physical therapy afterward. In cases of injuries to the hands, feet and other delicate areas, a fracture can result in permanent loss of full function and mobility.
- Burns – Car accident victims can get burns if the car caught on fire or the crash included a chemical spill. Burns can be first, second or third degree, with the last being the most severe, and they may require hospitalization and intensive treatments and therapies, such as skin grafts.
- Blindness – If there was an injury to the eye during the accident, the person could be left dealing with partial or total blindness. Blindness can also be a side effect of a traumatic brain injury.
- Deafness – Experiencing deafness after a car accident can be the result of direct injury to the ear, but it can also happen if there was a loud noise or an explosion as part of the crash.
Whatever type of injury you sustained, make sure you get the medical care and treatment you deserve. Then make sure you choose The Marye Law Firm to handle your car accident injury claim.
How much is my car accident worth?
Texas car accident compensation can be complicated. Similar crashes can be worth significantly different amounts. Some might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might be worth much more. This is why it's important for injury victims to talk to a lawyer right away. The total value of your injury claim may depend on many different factors, including the severity of your injury, the cost of your medical care, and the length of your recovery.
$400,000 Car Accident Settlement
Kimberly Beemer vs. Life Like Corporation
A fatigued driver with sleep apnea, who had just left work, fell asleep behind the wheel and hit Ms. Beemer head-on. The fatigued driver's employer, Life Like, tried to deny responsibility because the driver was not on the clock. Under Texas law, if an employee is on the way home, the employer has no vicarious liability.
The company, however, could not produce the employee's punch list from a new computerized payroll system. After we met with the payroll software manufacturer in Florida, we hired an expert who refuted the explanation from the Life Like representative as to how the punches from the week of the accident were lost.
- Kimberly Kay Beemer – minor client only
- Settlement: $400,000.00
- Attorneys' fees: $133,333,33
- Expenses: $11,300.21
- Minor client received: $255,366.46
- Case No. 56544, District Court, Ellis Co., Texas
What should I do after my Dallas car accident?
Knowing what to do after a car accident in Dallas can be confusing. That's why it's important for injury victims to take certain steps right away to protect their health and their rights. Such steps include:
- Call the police and tell them you've been in a crash caused by another driver.
- Take photos of the crash site if it's safe to do so.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you feel fine.
- Get the other driver's personal information, including name, address, and car insurance information. Give the same information to the other driver.
- Don't discuss your accident with the other driver or anyone other than the investigating police officer.
- Call a Dallas car accident lawyer right away.
How do I file a police report in Dallas for my car accident?
To file a police report in Dallas for your car accident, you will need to go to the Dallas Police Department in person to submit a complaint. The main headquarters is located at 1400 Botham Jean Boulevard. Complaints are taken Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. When you go into the police station, let the officer on duty know that you would like to file a report and they will walk you through the process. You can also talk to a lawyer at our law firm. We can help you file a police report. As your attorney, we can also review your official Texas car accident report with you to make sure everything's exactly right.
FAQ About Car Accidents
Can someone sue you for a car accident in Texas?
Yes, someone can sue you if you were at fault in a car accident in Texas. This is usually the other party, the other party's insurance company, or family members in the case of a wrongful death filing. Keep in mind, though, that the car accident lawsuit process in Dallas can be complicated. That's why it's important to talk to an attorney as soon as possible.
Is it worth hiring a car accident lawyer?
Navigating the court system can be daunting, and it's always better to have knowledgeable representation at your side. If you have been injured in a Dallas car wreck, hiring an attorney can help you know what grounds you may have for filing a personal injury or wrongful death case, let you know what compensation you may be able to expect, and walk you through the process from start to finish.
Is it worth suing after a car accident?
Whether it's worth suing someone after a car accident depends on the circumstances and the extent of your injuries. Talking over the details of your case with a Dallas car accident lawyer can help you weigh out the pros and cons of filing a suit.
How do I choose an attorney for my car accident?
To find an attorney, you can ask friends and family for recommendations or call local offices to schedule consultations with an attorney. The Marye Law Firm offers free consultations so you can determine if a lawsuit is in your best interests and if our team is a good fit.
What should I ask for in a car accident settlement?
Usually, you would be asking for monetary damages as part of the car accident settlement. This could be to cover the cost of medical bills and expenses incurred as a result of the crash, as well as an amount for pain and suffering. In the case of wrongful death lawsuits, you may be asking for money for loss of companionship as well.
What is the average settlement for a car accident in Texas?
Because many settlements happen out of court, there aren't any official government statistics on what the average car accident settlement in Texas is. How much you can expect to get will depend widely on the circumstances of your accident and the extent of the damage. For example, someone who suffered a broken leg and totaled their car will likely get a smaller settlement than someone who ended up paralyzed.
How long does a car accident settlement take?
Car accident settlements can take several months and sometimes even over a year depending on whether the suit is settled out of court or if it goes through the full judicial process. It can take a long time to get statements from everyone involved and for the insurance companies to complete their investigations. And you will also have to go through the actual settlement process, which can take several rounds of back and forth between the two parties before an agreement is reached.
How long after a car wreck injury can you claim compensation?
There is no minimum time after a car wreck to file a lawsuit. You must file the lawsuit within the two-year statute of limitations and you must wait long enough to have a full idea of the extent of the injury.
How are pain and suffering calculated in a car accident?
One method sometimes used by insurance companies to calculate pain and suffering damages after a car accident is the multiplier method. In this method, the monetary damages, such as medical bills, are totaled together and then multiplied by a number between one and five depending on the severity of the injuries. However, this is just a benchmark; there is no official legal formula. Only an attorney can tell you how much your pain and suffering damages are worth.
Can someone sue you personally after a car accident?
Yes, someone can sue you personally after a car accident. This usually happens if the accident was determined to be your fault and there was some type of monetary loss involved. This could be from medical bills, time off of work, or damage to the vehicle itself. The other party may also be able to ask for compensation for pain and suffering.
What happens if someone wrecks your car and they aren't on your insurance?
If someone else wrecks your car and is found at fault, your insurance company is usually the one that will be paying for the damages. However, if the damages exceed your policy limits, the driver's insurance company may then kick in to pay the rest.
Make your case matter. Contact The Marye Law Firm
You only have one opportunity for justice. Make your case matter. Choose The Marye Law Firm. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a Dallas car accident lawyer you can trust. One of our attorneys can personally investigate your case and demand the money you rightfully deserve.
The Marye Law Firm – we're serious about winning your case.