Injured In An Accident Caused By An Asleep At The Wheel Driver?
Our Dallas car accident lawyers can help you with your injury claim or lawsuit
Drowsy drivers can be dangerous. When they don’t take a break, tired drivers can fall asleep at the wheel and cause a serious car accident. And while such accidents might seem rare, tired drivers cause more collisions than you might suspect. Here are the facts:
- 1 out of 25 drivers over 18 years old admits they have fallen asleep at the wheel at least once in the last 30 days, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Tired drivers cause more than 91,000 car accidents every year.
- Such accidents cause an estimated 50,000 injuries each year.
- More than 800 people are killed annually by drowsy drivers.
Injured in a crash caused by a sleeping driver in Dallas? Not sure what to do next? Know your rights. Talk to an experienced Dallas car accident lawyer at The Marye Law Firm. We can help.
For more than two decades, our law firm has been fighting for the rights of injury victims in Dallas and throughout Texas. As a result, we know how the state’s legal system works when it comes to accidents caused by drowsy drivers who fall asleep at the wheel. You can count on us to be there for you when you need us most.
What makes tired driving accidents dangerous?
Car accidents caused by tired drivers who fall asleep at the wheel often result in severe injuries for many different reasons:
- Tired drivers often don’t slow down before crashing into another vehicle, resulting in a serious speeding.
- Drowsy driving accidents often involve other high-risk behavior, including drunk driving.
- Tired drivers often veer into on-coming traffic, causing a head-on collision.
- Drowsy drivers sometimes don’t stop at a stop sign or red light, resulting in a serious intersection accident.
Whatever the circumstances of your tired driving accident, make sure you fully understand your legal rights. Make sure you talk to an experienced car accident attorney right away.
Why should I hire a lawyer?
You might think you don’t need an attorney if an asleep at the wheel driver clearly caused your crash. This is a common assumption if the Dallas police or a state trooper from the Texas Highway Patrol is investigating your accident. But there are many reasons why it’s critical that you have a lawyer on your side, working for you:
- The police investigating your accident are only concerned with determining if the other driver broke the law. They’re not focused on whether you’re fairly compensated for your crash.
- Drowsy drivers often deny falling asleep and causing a collision.
- Your lawyer can carefully investigate your accident and gather evidence in support of your claim.
- Your attorney can negotiate with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf.
- Your lawyer can file a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary, seeking damages, a legal term for financial compensation.
Make your case matter. Contact The Marye Law Firm
The stakes are high when it comes to many car accidents caused by drowsy drivers. Your accident-related expenses can easily add up to thousands of dollars or significantly more. This includes the cost of all your medical care (past, present, and future) related to your accident, vehicle repairs, and replacement income while you’re recovering from your car accident injury.
Don’t miss out on your opportunity for justice. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation with a Dallas car accident lawyer who will fight for you. We have the knowledge and the skills you need to succeed.
The Marye Law Firm – making a difference, one case at a time.