Dallas Car Accident Back Pain Injury Lawyer
Our law firm can help you with your injury claim or lawsuit
Back pain caused by a car accident can be painful. Such pain can also sometimes be a warning sign of a very serious back injury, including spinal cord injuries. This is why it’s critical that you seek immediate medical attention right away. If not treated promptly, many serious back injuries can have life-changing consequences.
It’s also important to fully understand your legal rights in such cases. Many times, you may be eligible to receive financial compensation, especially if another driver clearly caused your collision. So what should you do after your accident? What are your legal options? Make sure you talk to a car accident attorney right away. Make sure you contact The Marye Law Firm.
For more than two decades, our dedicated Dallas car accident lawyers have been standing up for the rights of injury victims throughout Texas. As a result, we know how the system works. We know what legal strategies can be the most effective. That’s why you can count on us when it matters most. We have your back at The Marye Law Firm.
What causes back pain?
Back pain can often be a warning sign of a serious injury caused by a car accident. Some of the most common – and most serious – back injuries associated with car accidents include:
- Back strains or sprains – Muscles in the back can easily become strained and injured in a car accident.
- Muscle tears – Torn back muscles can be very painful back injuries that require immediate medical care.
- Tendon tears – There are many tendons (tissue that connects muscle to bone) in the back, which can be torn in a serious car accident.
- Fractured vertebra – Sometimes referred to as a compression fracture, a fractured vertebra involves a fracture (break) of the small bones that surround the spinal column. There are 33 vertebrae, any of which can be broken during a serious car accident collision.
- Herniated disk – Sometimes referred to as a ruptured disk or slipped disk, a herniated disk involves an injury to the cushion-like fibers (disks) located in between the bones (vertebrae) surrounding the spine. In particular, the disks slip out of place and stick out (herniate). Herniated disk injuries often occur in the lower spine and can be very painful.
- Whiplash – While often considered a neck injury, whiplash can also sometimes result in a painful injury to the upper back.
- Spinal cord injury – Injuries to the spinal column can have serious, sometimes even life-threatening consequences. Depending on the location and severity of the spinal cord injury, the person who sustained the injury might have paralysis and not be able to move certain parts of their body. Different types of spinal cord injuries include:
- Incomplete spinal cord injury (spine partially severed, resulting in partial paralysis)
- Complete spinal cord injury (spine completely severed, resulting in paralysis and loss of movement below the injury)
- Paraplegia (paralysis of the legs and lower body, meaning the injured person can move their arms)
- Quadriplegia or tetraplegia (total paralysis from the neck down, resulting in the loss of movement in the arms and legs)
Can I sue for back pain?
The short answer? Yes, you can file a lawsuit seeking damages (financial compensation) for your injury-related expenses if another driver caused your car accident. This is due to Texas’ at-fault car insurance system. Under this system, the at-fault party (often the at-fault driver or the at-fault driver’s insurance company) is responsible for paying for all accident-related expenses.
This might sound straightforward. But actually getting the money you rightfully deserve can be complicated. The same goes for filing a car accident lawsuit. The car accident lawsuit process in Dallas can be confusing, time-consuming, and very challenging. And if you make a mistake – whether it’s filing the wrong form or missing a deadline – you could miss out on your opportunity to get the money you rightfully deserve.
This is why it’s critical to consult with an experienced Dallas car accident lawyer as soon as possible after your crash. Your attorney can explore all the legal options available to you and file your lawsuit on your behalf. That way, you can focus on what matters most – recovering from your painful back injury.
How much is my injury claim worth?
There’s no set dollar amount when it comes to painful back injuries caused by car crashes. Sometimes, such injury claims are worth a few thousand dollars. Other times, such claims might be worth significantly more.
The bottom line is you should be paid for all past, present, and future injury-related expenses. What you might not realize is just how many expenses are covered by your injury claim. This includes:
- Emergency medical care, including back surgery
- Follow-up doctor’s appointments
- Physical therapy, especially for chronic back pain
- Prescription medications to treat serious back pain
- Replacement income if you cannot work due to severe back pain
Don’t simply take the insurance company's word for how much money your claim could be worth. Make sure you get a second opinion from an experienced attorney who knows how to handle such complicated legal cases.
Take your injury seriously. Contact us
Your back pain is real. Demand the money you rightfully deserve. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a Dallas car accident lawyer you can count on to fight for your rights after your crash. The Marye Law Firm – we’re serious about winning your case.