Dallas Rear-End Accident Lawyer
Our law firm can demand the money you deserve for your rear-end collision
Dealing with a rear-end car accident in Dallas can be complicated and frustrating. Some people and insurance companies dismiss such crashes as minor. That’s probably because rear-end accidents are so common. Nearly 30 percent of all car crashes are rear-end collisions, according to the National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA). Another study found that more than 2.5 million rear-end accidents happen each year nationwide.
But just because rear-end accidents are common doesn’t make them any less serious. If another driver crashed into the back of your car, you might have a serious injury and be in a lot of pain. Neck injuries, including whiplash, are especially common when it comes to rear-end collisions. Your car might be severely damaged and require extensive repairs.
Whether you were rear-ended at an intersection or rear-ended by a drunk driver, it’s critical that you take action right away to protect your rights. That’s why you need The Marye Law Firm in your corner. Our Dallas rear-end accident lawyers have years of experience handling such complicated legal cases. We know exactly what evidence to look for when investigating such crashes. We know what strategies work and how to negotiate effectively with insurance companies. And if they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to file a lawsuit and fight for your rights in court. We’re serious about winning your case.
Why do rear-end accidents happen?
Rear-end collisions often occur because the rear driver was behaving recklessly or negligently. In particular, the at-fault driver may have been:
- Texting while driving on the LBJ Freeway (I-20 and I-635), resulting in a rear-end crash.
- Speeding on Buckner Boulevard or another busy street and unable to avoid a collision.
- Tailgating or following another driver too closely on the Central Expressway (Highway 75).
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs and crashing into the car in front.
- Falling asleep at the wheel, especially late at night on highways like I-45 or I-30.
Whatever the circumstances of your rear-end accident, make sure you fully understand your legal options. Talk to a car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
What are common injuries?
Because of the violent forward-and-backward motion of rear-end accidents, many different types of serious injuries often occur. Some of the most common injuries associated with these types of crashes include:
- Whiplash – A type of neck injury, whiplash involves a strain of the neck muscles due to the head being thrust forward and backward. Some people dismiss whiplash as a minor injury. But whiplash can be very painful and serious.
- Head injuries – Many drivers or passengers in the front vehicle injure their head when another vehicle crashes into the back of their car. Concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are common.
- Back injuries – Such injuries can cover a wide range, including spinal cord injuries, herniated discs, severe back pain, and other forms of back trauma.
- Broken bones – Bone fractures often occur in the face, arms, or other parts of the body due to the force of a rear-end collision.
Whatever type of injury you sustained, make sure you get immediate medical treatment. If you’re in pain, go to an emergency room right away, whether it’s Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas, Baylor University Medical Center, or another hospital. What matters most is making sure you get the medical care you need to fully recover from your crash.
How much is my rear-end accident worth?
Some people assume that rear-end accidents are not worth a lot of money. These same people probably think that rear-end crashes are minor accidents. We know the truth. Many rear-end accidents result in severe injuries with serious consequences. In such cases, the financial impact can be huge – thousands of dollars or sometimes even significantly more.
So how much is your rear-end injury claim worth? The bottom line is you should be financially compensated for all your accident-related expenses. These can include:
- Emergency medical treatment, including surgery.
- Follow-up medical care.
- Physical therapy, especially if you’re experiencing chronic pain.
- Vehicle repair or replacement costs.
- Replacement income while you recover.
- Future income if you cannot work due to a permanent disability.
You didn’t do anything wrong. You shouldn’t have to pay for another driver’s reckless behavior. Demand the money you deserve. Talk to an experienced rear-end accident lawyer right away.
Can I sue the other driver?
Yes. If the other driver caused your rear-end accident, you have the right to take legal action in Texas, including filing a lawsuit against them if necessary. This is because Texas has an at-fault car accident insurance system. That means the at-fault party is responsible for paying for your accident-related expenses.
What you might not realize is you only have a short amount of time to take legal action. This is due to the state’s strict deadline for filing a lawsuit in response to a car accident. That deadline (known as the statute of limitations) is 2 years from the date of your accident.
Don’t miss your opportunity to hold the driver who caused your crash accountable for their actions. Talk to an experienced attorney who understands how the legal system works and who can explain the legal options available to you.
Demand the attention you deserve. Contact us
You may have been rear-ended at an intersection or a highway. You may have been rear-ended by a drunk driver or someone who was speeding. What should you do next? Get medical attention. Then get legal advice as soon as possible.
The stakes are high after your rear-end crash. If you don’t take legal action, you could end up having to pay for your accident-related expenses out of your own pocket. Contact our law firm and schedule a free case evaluation with a Dallas rear-end accident lawyer who gets results.
We can review the details of your accident, answer your questions, and get right to work on your case. We understand the importance and the urgency of your injury claim. Let us take care of all the paperwork and legal red tape associated with rear-end collisions. We truly want to help.
The Marye Law Firm – we’re serious about winning your case.