Why Should I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
Our Dallas law firm explains the benefits of hiring an attorney after your crash
If you’ve been injured in a car accident caused by another driver in Dallas, you might think you don’t need an attorney to assist you after your crash. Another driver clearly caused your collision. A local police officer from the Dallas Police Department or state trooper from the Texas Highway Patrol is almost surely investigating your crash. The at-fault driver’s insurance company might have even made a settlement offer to resolve your case.
Don’t be so sure. Often, such settlement offers don’t even come close to covering all your accident-related expenses. And even if the Dallas police or a Texas state trooper is investigating your crash, it’s important to understand that they’re only concerned with determining whether any laws were broken. Their investigation does not focus on whether or not you’re fairly compensated for your crash.
This is just one of the reasons why you should hire an attorney to help you after your car accident. We know because our experienced Dallas car accident lawyers at The Marye Law Firm have been helping injury victims for more than two decades. When you have our legal team on your side, you can demand the money you deserve. We can also help you in many other ways explained below. We put your best interests first at The Marye Law Firm.
How can a car accident attorney help me?
After a car accident caused by another driver, an experienced car accident lawyer can help you in many different ways – including certain ways you might not even realize. Examples include:
- Thoroughly explain all the legal options available to you after your accident. That way, you can make informed decisions based on the facts.
- Conduct an in-depth, independent investigation of your accident. This is important since the at-fault driver’s insurance company is almost surely doing the same thing with one goal in mind – to find evidence they can use to deny your injury claim.
- Review your official Texas car accident report. The slightest mistake in this report could jeopardize the outcome of your case. Experienced lawyers know what to look for and can carefully review your report with you.
- Consult with an accident-reconstruction expert. Many attorneys frequently work with such experts, who can help provide a deeper understanding of your accident.
- Determine the total damages you suffered – including current and future medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Deal directly with the at-fault driver’s insurance company on your behalf. Experienced attorneys know how to deal with these companies and not fall for their traps, which are designed to pay you less for your crash.
- Help you fill out forms related to your accident. There’s often a lot of paperwork associated with a car accident case. Make sure you don’t make a mistake. Your lawyer can help.
- Help you get the medical care you need to treat your car accident-related injuries. Car accident attorneys regularly deal with doctors who handle common car accident injuries, including whiplash, concussions, and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Negotiate the best possible settlement offer on your behalf. Just because the other driver’s insurance company made a settlement offer doesn’t mean you have to accept it. Often, you are eligible to receive more money. Experienced lawyers know how to negotiate effectively with insurance companies.
- File a car accident lawsuit on your behalf if necessary. The car accident lawsuit process in Dallas can be very complicated. Your lawyer can make sure you don’t make any mistakes.
- Make sure you don’t miss any important deadlines, including the deadline for filing a car accident lawsuit in Texas. That deadline (known as the statute of limitations) is two years from the date of your car accident.
- Represent you in court if you decide to file a lawsuit and seek damages (financial compensation) in a court trial.
Whether you were injured in a rear-end accident, head-on collision, or another type of crash, learn more about how a lawyer can help you during a free case evaluation.
Make your case matter. Contact The Marye Law Firm
After an accident, you may not be sure what to do next. All you have are questions. Our firm can help you get answers. For example:
- When should I hire a car accident lawyer? (You should get legal advice as soon as possible.)
- Should I hire a lawyer for a minor car accident? (We encourage you to at least consult an attorney.)
- How much can I recover in car accident compensation? (That will depend on many factors. A lawyer can give you an idea of what to expect in your case.)
- How much does a lawyer cost? (Our firm works on a contingency fee basis. That means you owe us nothing unless we recover compensation for you.)
The stakes are high in many cases. Depending on the severity of your injury, the length of your recovery, and many other factors, you may be entitled to receive thousands of dollars or significantly more. This is why it’s critical that you have an experienced Dallas car accident lawyer on your side, helping you every step of the way.
Don’t take chances with your future. Take action. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation at our law firm in Dallas. Car accident attorney Eric H. Marye can personally handle your case and make sure your crash receives the attention it rightfully deserves.
The Marye Law Firm – we’re serious about winning your case.