Monica Bohuslav focuses her practice on personal injury litigation, business litigation, and business and real estate transactions. Born and raised in Dallas, Monica returned to the area after law school and began practice. Initially, Monica worked for a large regional insurance defense firm defending large trucking companies, commercial retailers, an oil and gas company, and individual insureds against personal injury claims made against them by injured individuals. After years of this practice and wanting to really help those in need within the community, Monica decided to change her focus in order to serve individuals who have been injured. Monica’s experience on the opposing side of personal injury cases enables her to provide rare insight to her client’s cases by allowing her to identify and capitalize on the defense and insurance companies’ tactics in order to further highlight strengths in her client’s cases.
Monica Garcia Bohuslav
Monica has worked on hundreds of trucking injury cases, including a catastrophic injury case that involved multiple fatalities, was investigated by the NTSB and covered by national news outlets. Monica also has considerable experience handling slip and fall cases, premises liability cases, wrongful death cases, and breach of contract cases.
Business and Real Estate Experience
Monica also has extensive experience in handling business and real estate transactional matters. She represents several commercial real estate investment companies on an ongoing basis who acquire and develop various projects including hospitals, shopping centers, emergency care centers, office buildings, landfills, and storage facilities. Monica has extensive experience in negotiating and preparing asset purchase agreements, purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases, management agreements, development agreements, non-compete agreements, exclusivity agreements, employment agreements, and other business formation and dissolution documents.
- English, Spanish
- J.D., Texas Tech School of Law, 2010
- B.A., The University of Texas at Arlington, 2007
- State Bar of Texas, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas/Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Selected for inclusion to the Thomson Reuters® Texas Super Lawyers® list of Rising Stars, 2016-2019.
- Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list is an honor reserved for those lawyers who exhibit excellence in practice. Only 2.5% of attorneys in Texas receive this distinction.
- Monica enjoys spending time with her family, running, cycling, and crafting.