Dallas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Our law firm can handle your injury claim or file a lawsuit on your behalf
People should be able to walk safely in Dallas or elsewhere in Texas without worrying about getting hit by a car. Unfortunately, thousands of people are seriously injured or killed in pedestrian accidents each year in Texas caused by dangerous drivers.
- Speeding drivers hit pedestrians in a crosswalk on Commerce Street or Canton Street.
- Texting drivers veer off the road on North Pearl Street or Gaston Avenue and strike a pedestrian.
- Aggressive drivers don’t stop for pedestrians on Live Oak Street or McKinnon Street.
Whatever the circumstances, it’s important for injured pedestrians to know their rights and understand the legal options available to them. Otherwise, they might not get the money they rightfully deserve. That’s why we want to help.
For more than two decades, the dedicated Dallas pedestrian accident attorneys at The Marye Law Firm have been standing up for the rights of injured pedestrians throughout Texas. As a result, we know the laws and understand how the legal system works when it comes to pedestrian accidents. You can count on us when you need us most.
Pedestrian accident statistics
- More than 6,000 pedestrian fatalities each year
- More than 137,000 pedestrian injuries each year
- More than 4,200 pedestrian injuries each year
- 565 pedestrians were killed on average each year in the past decade.
- 6 percent increase in pedestrian fatalities in the past decade.
- 3rd most pedestrian fatalities by state nationwide
Common causes of pedestrian accidents
Pedestrian accidents often occur because a motorist was behaving recklessly or negligently. Specific examples include:
- Drunk drivers or drivers under the influence of other drugs who hit a pedestrian. Overall, 47 percent of pedestrian fatalities involve a drunk driver, according to the CDC.
- Speeding drivers who don’t have time to slow down and avoid hitting a pedestrian.
- Distracted drivers not paying attention.
- Texting drivers, even though texting is against the law in Texas.
- Drowsy drivers who fall asleep at the wheel and strike a pedestrian.
- Aggressive drivers who don’t stop at crosswalks or run red lights, causing serious pedestrian accidents.
These are just some of the reasons why pedestrian accidents happen. Whatever the circumstances of your Dallas pedestrian accident, make sure you fully understand your legal rights. Make sure you talk to a lawyer as soon as possible.
Common pedestrian accident injuries
Injuries sustained by pedestrians in an accident cover a wide range. Such injuries often include:
- Head injuries, especially concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones, including bone fractures in the arms, legs, skull, or hip.
- Internal injuries, including organ damage and internal bleeding.
- Serious or chronic pain due to a severe injury.
Many serious pedestrian accident injuries require emergency medical care and hospitalization. That’s why it’s critical that injury victims receive immediate medical care and have a doctor examine them and diagnose exactly what’s wrong. Otherwise, such injuries can be life-threatening or even fatal.
Who’s responsible for paying for my accident?
Texas has an at-fault insurance system. That means the at-fault party is responsible for financially compensating injury victims for their accident-related expenses. As a result, the at-fault driver or the at-fault driver’s insurance company must often pay for injured pedestrian’s accident-related expenses.
This might sound straightforward. But actually getting the money you rightfully deserve can be very challenging. Sometimes, it’s because the driver who caused your pedestrian accident denies doing anything wrong. Other times, it’s because the driver’s insurance company does everything it can to pay you as little as possible.
Whatever the circumstances, you need to take an aggressive approach right from the start. That’s why you need an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer on your side, demanding the money you rightfully deserve.
How much is my injury claim worth?
There’s no set dollar amount when it comes to pedestrian accident claims. Some might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might add up to significantly more. The bottom line is you should not have to pay for any accident-related expenses if a driver caused your pedestrian accident.
So how do you know how much your injury claim is worth? The best way is to talk to an attorney. They can answer your questions, review your case and explain how much money you may be able to receive, usually in the form of a settlement or verdict.
What can I be compensated for?
If someone caused your Dallas pedestrian accident, you should be compensated for all your injury-related expenses. This includes all past, present, and future anticipated expenses, including:
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency medical care, including surgery if necessary
- Overnight hospital fees
- Follow-up doctor’s appointments
- Physical therapy
- Prescription medications, often for chronic pain
- Medical equipment, including a wheelchair
- Home modifications to accommodate a permanent disability
- Replacement income if you can’t work while you’re recovering from your injury
- Lost future income if you cannot work due to a permanent disability
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances
Why should I hire a pedestrian accident lawyer?
Just because you deserve to be compensated for your pedestrian accident doesn’t mean you will automatically get the money. Often, you have to fight for what’s rightfully yours, especially when dealing with insurance companies. They have one goal – to pay you as little as possible or nothing at all.
This is one of the reasons why you should have an experienced pedestrian accident attorney on your side. Your lawyer can negotiate with the driver’s insurance company and make sure your injury claim gets the attention it rightfully deserves.
But your case is about more than just money. Experienced attorneys understand this. They know you want your case to be taken seriously and for the driver to be held accountable for their actions.
That’s our job. And we’re ready and eager to work with you. When you have an experienced Dallas pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm on your side, you know we will do everything we can to build a strong case. We don’t back down from tough cases. We rise to the challenge. Contact us and discover what we can do for you. Schedule a free case evaluation right now.
The Marye Law Firm – we’re serious about winning your case.