Get a Dallas, TX Personal Injury Lawyer Who Puts You First
Serious injuries demand a serious response. Our law firm can help
The best Dallas personal injury attorneys know how complicated such cases can be for injury victims and their families. In an instant, you can sustain a serious injury due to someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior.
Suddenly, you might need emergency medical care, including surgery. You might be in a lot of pain and discomfort. You might not be able to work or walk or do many of the things you normally do every day.
- What is a personal injury?
- What are common personal injury cases?
- Do I need a lawyer?
- How much is my case worth?
- Should I file a lawsuit?
- Deadlines that apply
- How can a lawyer help?
- Personal injury FAQ
Expenses can add up fast after a personal injury accident as well – medical bills, lost income if you can’t work, and more. So what should you do? What are your options? Make sure you take your case seriously right from the start. Make sure you talk to a Dallas personal injury attorney at The Marye Law Firm. We can help.
For more than two decades, our law firm has been helping injury victims demand the money they rightfully deserve in Dallas. Personal injury attorney Eric H. Marye and his talented legal team know how to tackle such tough cases. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success in obtaining sizable personal injury settlements and verdicts. Our case results include:
- $2 Million Settlement (attorney’s fees $800,000; expenses $97,823; amount to clients $1,102,176)
- $1.3 Million Settlement (attorney’s fees $532,500; expenses $147,573.76; amount to client $651,176.24)
- $650,000 Settlement (attorney’s fees $260,000; expenses $56,284; amount to client $333,716)
- $515,000 Settlement (attorney’s fees $206,600; expenses $29,759.60; amount to client $279,240.40)
At The Marye Law Firm, we’re serious about winning your legal case. Give us a call or contact us online for a free consultation.
Why you should hire The Marye Law Firm
All law firms might seem the same. We believe The Marye Law Firm is the right choice for your Dallas personal injury claim or lawsuit for many reasons, including:
- Extensive experience handling injury claims in the Dallas area.
- Personalized approach to every legal case we handle.
- Collaborative working relationship with clients.
- In-depth familiarity with Texas’ legal system.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with insurance companies.
- Willingness to take cases to trial if necessary.
- Proven track record of obtaining sizable injury settlement claims and verdicts.
What is a personal injury?
A personal injury is a legal term used to describe an accident or injury caused by someone else’s reckless or negligent actions. To have a successful personal injury claim or lawsuit, you need to provide evidence that your injury was caused by the at-fault party. Such evidence is known as the “burden of proof.”
In particular, such evidence often includes:
- Proof that the at-fault party caused your injury.
- The at-fault party was responsible for your well-being (legally known as a duty to exercise reasonable care).
- The at-fault party did not act responsibly (legally known as a breach of duty) and caused your injury through that breach.
- You suffered a financial loss (legally known as damages) due to your injury
This might sound straightforward. But actually proving that someone else caused your injury can be much more complicated than you might realize. That’s why it’s important to talk to an experienced personal injury lawyer right away.
What are common cases?
Personal injury claims involve a wide range of accidents and injuries. Some of the most common cases we deal with include:
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Slip, trip, and fall accidents often result in serious injuries. When these accidents happen on someone else’s property (at a store, restaurant, hotel, etc.) the property owner can be held legally responsible. This is especially true if they knew about a hazard on their property that caused your injury and did nothing to fix it.
- Dog Bites – If someone else’s dog attacks or bites you and causes a serious injury, you can take legal action against the dog’s owner. Texas has strict dog bite laws that apply to aggressive or dangerous dogs.
- Premises Liability – This legal term refers to a wide range of injury accidents that occur on someone else’s property. This includes slip and fall accidents, dog bites, and sometimes assaults or attacks on someone else’s property. The key element to such legal cases is evidence that the property owner’s actions (or inaction) caused your injury.
- Product Liability – Companies have a legal obligation to make safe products. When they fail to do so and their dangerous products cause an injury, such companies can be held accountable for their actions.
- Wrongful Death – If a family member or loved one died as a result of a personal injury accident, surviving family members can file a wrongful death lawsuit in certain situations.
We handle a wide range of other cases as well. That’s why it’s important to talk with an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to learn more about your legal options.
Do I need a personal injury lawyer?
There is no requirement to have legal representation when dealing with insurance companies after a personal injury accident. But it is in your best interests to have a lawyer on your side. Insurance companies handle claims every day and have the advantage. They also have attorneys to help them find ways to pay you less. An attorney will be familiar with the tactics used by insurance companies to limit compensation and can help you fight back.
How much is my case worth?
Every personal injury case is different. Some might be worth a few thousand dollars. Others might be worth significantly more. The difference depends on many different factors, including the cost of your medical care and how much time you need to recover from your injury.
An experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer can review the details of your case. Afterward, your attorney can provide an estimate of how much money your personal injury settlement claim could ultimately be worth.
This is why it’s important to meet with an attorney as soon as possible. That way, you can have a better idea of how much money you could be entitled to receive for your injury-related expenses.
Compensation available for injury victims
If someone else caused your injury, you should be financially compensated for all your expenses. What you might not realize is just how many expenses you can be compensated for in such cases, including but not limited to:
- Ambulance fees
- Emergency medical treatment
- Surgical procedures
- Follow-up medical care
- Replacement income while you recover from your injury
- Future income if you cannot work due to a disability
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances
Should I file a lawsuit?
If you sustained an injury in a personal injury accident, you have several choices:
- Accept a one-time settlement offer from the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Ask for more money if you believe the settlement offer does not cover your expenses.
- File a personal injury lawsuit seeking damages, a legal term for financial compensation.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, filing a lawsuit or taking other legal action might be the best way to get the money you rightfully deserve. This is especially true if the at-fault party’s insurance company negotiates in bad faith and refuses to pay you the money you deserve as part of your personal injury settlement.
So what’s the right decision for you? Learn more about the legal options available to you. Talk to an experienced Dallas attorney who puts your best interests first and who can explain how to file a personal injury lawsuit in Texas.
Deadlines that apply
The big deadline most people talk about when they talk about personal injury claims is the statute of limitations. This is the deadline for filing a lawsuit or taking other legal action. In Texas, personal injury victims have two years from the date of their injury to take legal action, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Title 2 § 16.033.
But if you wait that long, you could miss out on your opportunity to build a strong legal case. That’s because you need to act fast after an accident to gather evidence in support of your injury claim. Such evidence can cover a wide range, including:
- Security camera footage – Sometimes, it’s only a matter of days before such footage is destroyed or taped over.
- Eyewitness testimony – Many times, someone saw your accident. If you wait, they might forget what happened, move away or become impossible to reach.
- Physical evidence – Whether it’s a loose railing in a stairwell, a poorly lit sidewalk, or another dangerous situation, the property owner might try to fix such hazards and deny that there was anything wrong that caused your accident.
In each case, your attorney can mount a vigorous investigation to preserve such evidence. That’s why you need to act fast and take legal action right away.
How can a personal injury lawyer help?
You might think you don’t need an attorney if someone else clearly caused your accident. This is especially true if your injury or accident is being investigated by police or insurance companies.
But when it comes to the police, they’re only concerned with determining whether any laws were broken. Their investigation does not focus on whether you should be fairly compensated for your injury-related expenses.
As for insurance companies, they only have one goal – to pay you as little as possible or nothing at all. This is especially true when it comes to the at-fault party’s insurance company. This is why you need an experienced Dallas personal injury lawyer on your side, standing up for your rights.
Get serious about your case. Contact The Marye Law Firm
Don’t underestimate the seriousness or the complexity of your injury claim. Take action now. Contact us and schedule a free case evaluation with a Dallas personal injury lawyer who is serious about winning your case. We know what evidence to look for. We know what questions to ask. Most importantly, we fight to win.
The Marye Law Firm – the Dallas law firm you want when it matters most.