Dallas Work Injury Lawyer
We can handle your non-subscriber claim or third-party lawsuit
Workplace injury accidents in Texas can be complicated. The rules and regulations covering these particular cases can be especially confusing. This is especially true if you need to pursue a non-subscriber work injury claim or third-party claim.
When this happens, it’s important that you have an experienced attorney who thoroughly understands how the legal process works in Texas. That’s why many people choose The Marye Law Firm in Dallas to represent them.
For more than two decades, our work injury lawyers have been helping injured workers demand the compensation they rightfully deserve. We thoroughly understand how the non-subscriber work injury claim process works. And we can help you every step of the way. Your injury is our priority.
What are common workplace injuries?
Injuries sustained on the job can cover a wide range. Some of the most common – and most serious – workplace injuries include:
- Head injuries, including concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries.
- Internal injuries, including organ damage and internal bleeding.
- Burn injuries, including ones caused by electrocution, explosions, or fires.
- Repetitive stress injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Broken bones or bone fractures, especially in the arms or legs.
- Eye injuries, including blindness and other vision loss related injuries.
- Hearing injuries, including deafness.
These are just some of the most common injuries people often sustain on the job. Other work-related injuries are common. And many of them require immediate medical attention.
Why do workplace accidents happen?
Injuries at work often occur due to unsafe or hazardous working conditions. Specific examples include:
- Work-related motor vehicle accidents.
- Unmarked hazards, which can result in a slip, trip, or fall accident.
- Unsecured objects falling from a height and striking an employee.
- Falling from a height, especially in cases involving scaffolding accidents.
- Lack of safety training for employees.
- Defective safety equipment or no safety equipment provided to employees.
- Explosions or fires in the workplace, especially in cases involving oil rig accidents.
Workplace injuries happen for many other reasons. In each case, an in-depth investigation needs to be conducted to determine why the accident happened. That way, similar accidents hopefully won’t happen again in the future.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), a federal agency, investigates many workplace injuries, including fatal workplace accidents. But OSHA is only concerned with determining whether any safety laws or regulations were violated. They’re not concerned with whether you’re fairly compensated for your workplace injury. That’s your lawyer’s job. That’s why we want to help.
What are my legal options?
Many times, workplace injury victims obtain workers’ compensation benefits for their work injury-related expenses. However, Texas has a unique workplace injury insurance system. In particular, employers in Texas are not required to have workers’ compensation coverage.
If you got hurt at work in Texas and your company does not have workers’ compensation insurance, you have several options:
- Non-subscriber claim – Companies in Texas that do not subscribe to the state-regulated workers’ compensation insurance system are known as non-subscribers. If your company does not have workers’ compensation coverage, you can seek financial compensation from them in the form of a non-subscriber claim or lawsuit.
- Third-party lawsuit – More than one company sometimes conducts work in the same workplace. Construction sites and oil rigs are prime examples. Many times, several companies are conducting work at the same place at the same time. If your work injury was caused by someone working for another company, you can take legal action against the other company in the form of a third-party lawsuit – whether your employer has workers’ comp insurance or not.
Other legal options may apply depending on the circumstances of your particular workplace injury. The best way to know what to do is to talk to an attorney familiar with Texas’ unique workplace injury compensation system.
How can a lawyer help?
Texas has a very complicated, unique compensation system for workplace injuries. This is why it’s critical that you have an attorney who thoroughly understands how this system works. Otherwise, you might end up having to pay for your injury-related expenses yourself. And when it comes to work-related injuries, expenses can add up fast.
Over the course of your lifetime, the direct and indirect costs associated with a serious injury sustained at work can easily add up to thousands of dollars or significantly more. Your lawyer can demand the money you deserve and make sure your workplace injury receives the necessary attention.
Take your injury seriously. Contact The Marye Law Firm
You only have one opportunity to obtain all the money you deserve for your workplace injury. Make your case count. Contact our law firm and discover how a dedicated Dallas lawyer can help with your work injury claim. Schedule a free case evaluation at our Dallas law firm. We can review the details of your case and explain your options.
The Marye Law Firm – we take your work injury seriously.
(The Marye Law Firm does not handle Workers’ Comp cases. However, if you believe your employer is a Non-Subscriber, it will be important for you or the injured employee to work with an attorney to establish any negligence of the employer and any grounds for recovery the injured party may have to compensate for medical bills, lost wages, and/or future wages; compensation for mental anguish or pain and suffering; and for exemplary damages.)