- Marye Law, P.C. respects your privacy. This notice serves to inform you of the ways in which we handle information received about clients, website visitors, prospective clients.
- CLIENT/PROSPECT INFORMATION: As we engage with prospects and clients, we collect personal information to assist us in managing your case. We may also need to obtain contact and personal information for people in the lives of our clients (e.g. family members, friends, co-workers). We may also research public websites, social media accounts, make discovery request, and contact other third-party resources for information.
We may use the information collected as part of our preparation for a client’s case, to perform our due diligence in that preparation; to ensure there are no conflicts of interest in representation; to prevent illegality such as money-laundering and fraud; to improve our services and to analyze our services to clients and prospects.
- VISITOR INFORMATION: Visitors to our website or who may interact with us via social media may have their browsing activity tracked anonymously via cookies on our website and/or tracking systems available on social media platforms. We may use this tracking information to better serve those visitors with tailored content, responses to questions, and/or content provided via email (such as an informational PDF send in response to a request). Tracking information may be altered by a user’s management of their own browser history. They may also choose to decline the Cookies Policy on our website, though that could limit the visitors experience on the website.
- RETENTION: Marye Law, P.C. retains information related to legal matters for 10 years from the conclusion of the legal activity. (Longer retention may be warranted where an estate or other litigation/liability may be related.)
- ACCESS: Legal and personal information is disclosed only in accordance with our obligations under ethics and bar rules, and duties as a fiduciary or trustee – when applicable. Information obtained through our website or social media platforms may be shared with our Marketing Director and website team – for the purpose of maintaining and improving our website performance and online engagement with prospects and clients. We do not share our contact lists with outside “third-party marketing” entities.