Dallas Fatal Truck Accident Lawyer
You can count on our law firm to be there for your family
The death of a loved one can be a traumatic experience in any situation. But when a loved one dies due to a truck accident caused by a truck driver, the flood of emotions can be overwhelming. You may be confused or angry. You might wonder what legal options are available to you. That’s why we want to help.
For more than two decades, the experienced Dallas truck accident lawyers at The Marye Law Firm have been helping families deal with deadly truck accidents throughout Texas. As a result, we understand how the legal system works when it comes to such complex cases. We know laws and which legal strategies can be effective. We’re here for you when you need us most.
Common causes of fatal truck accidents
Fatal accidents caused by commercial truck drivers often occur because the driver was behaving recklessly or negligently. Other times, it’s the trucking company’s fault. Specific examples include:
- Speeding truck drivers who cause a high-speed fatal crash.
- Distracted truck drivers who crash into other vehicles.
- A tired driver who falls asleep at the wheel, especially in cases involving late-night highway truck accidents.
- Truck drivers under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Inexperienced truck drivers who don’t know how to safely drive a large truck.
- Unlicensed truck drivers or drivers with a suspended commercial driver’s license (CDL).
- Poorly maintained trucks, including trucks with defective brakes.
Who can take legal action?
Texas has an at-fault insurance system. That means the at-fault party is responsible for paying for all accident-related expenses. When it comes to fatal truck accidents, that means the at-fault party is responsible for paying immediate family members for all accident-related expenses. The following people can seek compensation in such cases:
- Surviving spouse (husband or wife)
- Surviving parents (mother or father)
- Adult children of the deceased
- Personal representative of the estate
If you’re not sure if you can take legal action, simply talk to an experienced Dallas truck accident lawyer at our law firm. We can answer all your questions and explain your options.
What are my options?
If a loved one died in a truck accident in Texas caused by the truck driver, the surviving family members often have several options available to them:
- Accept a settlement offer for all their loved one’s accident-related expenses.
- Ask for more money and negotiate a better settlement offer.
- File a wrongful death lawsuit and seek damages (financial compensation) in court.
Whichever path to justice you decide to pursue, we can be there with you every step of the way. We’re familiar with the state and federal laws that apply to commercial truck accidents. We know how to negotiate effectively with trucking companies and insurance providers. We’re here to help you in any possible way we can.
You have rights. We can help
The stakes are high when it comes to fatal truck accidents. Your family may be entitled to receive thousands of dollars or significantly more for medical bills, funeral expenses, and lost future income your loved one would have earned if they survived.
Make the most of your opportunity for justice. Contact our law firm and schedule a free case evaluation with a Dallas truck accident lawyer you can trust. We promise to get right to work on your case and keep you informed throughout your case.
The Marye Law Firm – we’re serious about helping your family when you need us most.