Why Should I Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer?
Our Dallas truck accident attorneys explain how we can help you
You might think you don’t need a lawyer if a truck driver clearly caused your Dallas truck accident. After all, Texas has an at-fault insurance system. That means the at-fault party is responsible for compensating you for your accident-related expenses.
Sounds simple, right? Don’t be so sure. In many cases, commercial truck accident claims turn out to be extremely complicated. Instead of paying the money you rightfully deserve, the at-fault party often does everything they can to reduce or deny your claim, which can easily add up to thousands of dollars or significantly more.
With so much at stake, it’s critical that you take strong legal action right away. Otherwise, you might not get the money you deserve. That’s why you need The Marye Law Firm on your side. Our Dallas truck accident lawyers know how the legal system works when it comes to such cases. Below, you can learn more about how we can help you. We put your best interests first.
How a truck accident lawyer can help you
There are so many reasons why you should hire an attorney as soon as possible after your truck accident. Such reasons include:
- Making sure the trucking company or truck driver does not destroy important evidence. Legally, if an attorney doesn’t intervene, they can get rid of certain evidence long before your two year statute of limitations (deadline to take legal action) expires. Such evidence includes:
- Hours of Service (HOS) logs which document how many hours the truck driver was working before your crash. (Federal law requires commercial truck drivers to take mandatory rest breaks.)
- Truck repair and inspection records.
- Event data recorder (EDR) information from the truck, which records how fast the truck was going at the time of the accident, if the truck driver applied the brakes and when the driver last took a break.
- Obtaining a copy of your official accident report and reviewing it to make sure it’s accurate. Any mistake could jeopardize the outcome of your legal case.
- Dealing directly with the trucking company and its insurance provider on your behalf. If they have any questions, your lawyer can answer them. Experienced attorneys know the games insurance companies play to try to gather information they can use to deny injury claims.
- Exploring all the possible sources of compensation for your injury claim. In many cases, there may be more than one at-fault party.
- Negotiating the best possible settlement offer on your behalf.
- Filing a truck accident lawsuit on your behalf if necessary.
- Representing you in court if your case goes to trial.
Make your case matter. Contact The Marye Law Firm
The stakes are high when it comes to many truck accident claims. Don’t take chances with your future. Take action. Contact our law firm and schedule a free case evaluation with a Dallas truck accident lawyer you can trust. We have the knowledge, the skills, and the drive you need to succeed.
The Marye Law Firm – the law firm you want when it matters most.